Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Savings From Scratch

Officially down to my last penny.
June has been a financially overwhelming month and there are still 7 days to go.

My salary and savings where tackled by a  series of events such as bills, payments, Doctors appointments and tests, tuition, expenses of a christening and the little bits and peaces that pop up unexpectedly.

Where does that leave me? Saving from Scratch!
How do i feel about it? Stressed... Very stressed!
Secondary feelings? I feel up for the challenge!  Determined to take it one step at a time by saving and gathering whatever i can.

Goals? By the end of July 2015 to at least double the little that i have left in my bank account today witch is 70.00. (better to have small and steady goals than unachievable ones)

How do i plan on starting my savings?
  • By only spending on what i need.
  • Using my creative side to lower my expenses (DIY projects). 
  • Making shopping lists and not drifting from the list when out shopping.
  • Use what ever is in my fridge creatively before hitting the market.
  • Making a list of expenses; so all major deductions are accounted for and expected from the beginning of the month.
  • Create a petty cash book; so i can keep track of all the monthly expenses.
  • Gaining the support and understanding of those living in the same household.



No comments:

Post a Comment